Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Road trip!!!!

Boy Oneder and I went on a road trip this past weekend. Hubster was supposed to go with him to Montreal for a hockey tournament, but because Hubster had been so sick after the San Diego sales conference, he asked me if I would go.  Hell yeah!!!  A road trip with my firstborn and the greatest bunch of 16 year old and their parents to Montreal?!  Count me in!

We left at 7:00 on Thursday night from a kiss and ride about ten minutes from here.  It was a long ride and the weather was pretty nasty through Trenton, but we arrived at the hotel at about 2:00 am. But the time we checked in and settled into our room, it was close to 3:00.

I had arranged to work from our Montreal office on Friday...I really wanted to take the opportunity to see the office and meet with some of my folks, so that meant a wake up call for me at 6:30. Yep...3.5 hours of sleep...BROKEN sleep thanks to typical hotel noise. Needless to say, it was Avery long and sleepy day. But, I loved it. I spent some time with my colleague and met lots of our Montreal employees. We had St. Hubert for lunch too!!!!

The boys played a game at 2:45, which I obviously missed, but they lost so I'm glad I missed it to be honest.  It was apparently a very rough game and I'm glad I didn't have to stress through the entire game!

I left the office at 5:00 and went to the hotel to lie down for an hour. We hooked up with the team in the lobby at 6:30 and walked to the restaurant...Guido and Angelina's. AWESOME restaurant!  The food was amazing and I loved the atmosphere!  After dinner, we made our way back to the hotel and hung out in one of the parents' rooms. A few drinks later, I was in bed by about 1:30.

We got up at about 9:00 the next morning and had a nice buffet breakfast. Our first game was at 1:30 and we won. A couple of the moms and I headed to St. Joseph's Oratory (google it...its amazing!). Some of the dads went to Schwartz's for a late lunch and the team went back to the hotel to hang out sans parents.

Our next game was at 9:00 and they won again!

We headed back to the hotel to celebrate and after a long, awesome chat with one of the moms, I headed to be at 1:30.

We were up at 8:00 for the consolation final at 11:00.  It was 0-0 after three 12 minute periods, so we went into five minutes of overtime, four on four. Still no score. Penalty shots wer next and after EIGHT shots, North York scored. We missed on our shot and because the shots were sudden death, we lost. It hurt to lose, but both teams were amazing and the win was well deserved. Awesome game.

We started to watch Ajax get their butts handed to them and cheered louder than even the parents of the Perth team!  So much fun!  Then, we were off. We arrived home at about 6:30 and I was in bed by 9:00.

What an awesomely fantastic weekend!!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Scraps by Jessica's "Veronica" kit.