Sunday, 2 December 2012

We could use a few prayers...

Yesterday morning, Threepeat was moaning and complaining of lower back pain (on the right side).  We held off taking him to the hospital to see if it would go away, but by 12:30, it was obivous that the pain was not going away.

As a little note before I explain the rest, he was on day 6 of amoxicyllin for strep throat that he had last weekend.

We took him to the local hospital ER.  He was nauseous and was still complaining.

They took his vitals, registered him, asked a million questions and then sent us to the waiting room to wait.  And wait.  And wait.

They finally took us in to a room where we answered some more questions.  Then waited.  And waited. 

They came in and gave us a cup for him to pee in.  He tried a few times but couldn't go.  He was starving.  They wouldn't let him eat.

He threw up.  He said he didn't have pain anymore.

They came in and told us that if he hadn't peed in 30 minutes, he would have a catheter inserted. 

I told Threepeat to drink lots of water.  He finally peed.  Still pain-free.

They took us to another waiting area where we waited for his ultrasound.  He napped.

After the ultrasound, we went back to the ER to wait for the results.  And wait.  And wait.  It was now 4:30 and Threepeat had had nothing to eat all day.  He was starving.  The nurse told me he couldn't eat until they had the results to confirm that it wasn't his appendix.  The radiologist had already told me that it was not appendicitis, so I told her I was letting him eat some chips.

He was so thrilled to have something in his little tummy and it made the further waiting a little easier.

Finally, they called us in to the room again.  I told Hubster that I would go and get the car (we parked miles away) and that I would meet him outside.

Here are the results of the urine test:

There is a small amount of blood in his urine.

Here are the results of the ultrasound:

There is fluid in his abdomen and something about his lymph nodes.

They sent us home and told us that we would be referred to the urgent care pediatrician for follow up. 

I have no idea what is wrong with my baby.  I am very frightened.  Considering that he is already on antiobiotics, I can't imagine that this is an infection right?  So what the heck could it be? :(

The hospital called last night to say we have an appointment at 3:30 Monday.
Will you please say a little prayer for us that all will be OK?

Thank you. Pin It


Deanna said...

Praying for him!

ida said...

You guys will be in my prayers...

Annie Ingram said...

Lots of prayers for little man!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Scraps by Jessica's "Veronica" kit.