Saturday, 29 October 2011

Los Cabos...Day One

Hubster and I left the house just after 3:00 am for the airport. We made the obligatory Timmy's stop and then were on our way to the long stay parking garage. We parked and took the LRT to terminal 1. It was freezing outside...literally...the thermometer in the Jeep read a big fat zero degrees. We made our way to the Sunwing check-in counter and waited with what seemed like a MILLION other cattle to check in. After about an hour, we were on our way through to our gate. We stopped at Duty Free and I got myself a pair of snazzy sunglasses and then sat down in the boarding area, which luckily, was right in front of the Duty Free. I was pleased that we wouldn't have to walk all through the airport to our gate! I was surprised that the security was a simple walk through and x ray of our luggage, unlike last time we travelled with the kids and were completely violated with the security checks!

I face booked and was surprisingly calm. I am a baaaaad flier people. But without the kids there, I was much calmer about it. We boarded and were in the last row of the plane...row 32. Next to the washrooms. Nice.

I was so completely exhausted, having only had about three hours' sleep and so, after taking my trusty Ativan, I was quite content. I dozed on and off for the first couple of hours and then read my magazine for a bit. We were served French toast and warm apples for breakfast and suffered through just a few areas of turbulence in an otherwise perfect flight. We left at 6:30 am and arrived at San Jose Airport at 10:00 am local time (12:00 Toronto time). We went straight through customs to the Sunwing representative with our bus and hopped in for our half an hour or so bus ride to Riu Palace. We stopped at Barcelo and Riu Santa Fe to drop off a few others, but were at our hotel in pretty good time. I'd say we walked off the bus at about 11:30. We were served a welcome rum punch drink and were checked in and in our room within 15 minutes. Awesome!

We unpacked real quick, threw on some shorts and went down for a beautiful buffet lunch. We then sat in the area where we could connect wirelessly on my iPad and we chatted quickly with Boy Oneder on MSN, while having a few fruity drinks Then, we changed into our bathing suits and headed down to the beach, where we lazed and slept on a beach lounger all afternoon. At 5:30, I woke up Hubster from his long nap and we headed upstairs to shower, which is where we are right now. I am about to video tape a tour of our room and put on my makeup so we can head downstairs for our buffer dinner. We plan to make reservations tomorrow for the sushi or steakhouse restaurants for tomorrow night.

We are looking forward to what tonight's entertainment has in store. So far, we are THRILLED with the choice of Los Cabos! Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Scraps by Jessica's "Veronica" kit.