Monday, 24 August 2009

Home from Vegas...sigh

What a trip. Hubster and I just completed our first three nights alone, sans kids, since 2001. What a three nights it was!!!

As you all are fully aware, my wonderful Mummy sent Hubster and I on a vacation to Las Vegas, accomodations and airfare paid for. We left on Thursday the 20th and came home last night...well, this morning.

We stayed at Bellagio, which is spectacular. There is no other word for it. We felt like royalty. The room was huge, beautiful and had a breathtaking view of the pools and the mountains.

But, let me start from the beginning...

We left our house at 4:30 am on Thursday morning...OUCH. Our Sunwing flight left at 7:00 am Toronto time, and arrived in Las Vegas at 11:00 Las Vegas time. It wasa great flight, with not much turbulence...thank God.

When we arrived at Bellagio, we checked in, but our room was not available until 3:00, so we wandered a little and ended up at Monte Carlo's GREAT buffet for brunch. We walked the strip for a bit and headed over to Luxor to book our tickets for my boyfriend, Criss Angel's show on Saturday night. $230 later, we had great seats.

We wandered some more, checked back in with Bellagio at about 2:00 and went up to our gorgeous room. After a quick shower, we headed down to the casino and lost our first lot of money.

We were so excited about having the AMAZING prime rib and crab legs that wehad in 2001 at the Bally's Steakhouse that we just HAD to do it the first night. $195 US later, we were disappointed and shocked at both the price and the food quality.We played a few slot machines and by midnight, we were both counting sheep.

Friday was pool day. We got up at about 9:00 and headed down to the pool to reserve our loungers. I had my Ipod and my Sookie book, so all was good in my world. We stayed there all day, except for our quick trip to the Bellagio buffet for lunch, which was deeeeelish. At about 4:00, we headed up to our room to get ready for my boyfriend's show. Although the show didn't start until 9:30, we wanted to hit the "Bodies" exhibition at the Luxor first. This exhibit was amazing. MUST see this. After the exhibit, we had a quick bite at the cafe in the casino and hen headed off to see Criss.

TO say that Criss' show was a disappointment would be the understatement of the year. Please my friends, DO NOT SEE THIS SHOW. My ten year old could do more fascinating magic than this show offered. Hubster and I were SO disappointed. Criss Angel is SO amazingon TV, but this show was embarrassing. The "magic" was predictible and amateur. I literally felt embarrassedfor Criss when he tried to act and dance. UGH.$230 I may as well have burned. Honestly and truly, it was a complete joke. DO NOT WASTE A PENNY ON THIS SHOW!!!

We spent some time at the Lexus casino, where I was majorly hit on by two twentyish,not bad looking dudes...oh yeah, I still have it baby...and then hit the hay at about 2:00.

We headed out early on Saturday morning to pick up our rented Mustang Convertible. Slver in colour, it was absolutely gorgeous. We headed to Los Angeles (a 4 hour drive) and let the wind blow through our hair for the whole ride. Hubster was in HEAVEN.

We parked on Hollywood Blvd. and found a great tour bus that took us all around LA and showed us lots of celebrity, they were big. Pics to follow. We absolutely loved the entire tour and would highly recommend it if you head over to L.A.

After a nice dinner at Chili's, we made the long trek back to Las Vegas and headed over to Caesar's and then the Flamingo for some slot action.$200 in the hole later, it was 3:30 am and we headed back home.

We awoke at 10:00 and went to Bellagio's amazing buffet for breakfast. DEEEEELISH.We then walked to Caesar's so that I could add to the gorgeous Pandora bracelet that the neighbs gave to me formy birthday. $250 later, we were headed back to Bellagio to pack.

At 2:30, our shuttle picked us up to take us to the airport. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5:40 pm and we were excited to be completely seated and doors closed at 5:20. Unforch, there was a HUGE thunderstorm in our way, so we sat on the tarmack for close to 90 minutes.

The flight was, thank God, uneventful and smooth once we were out of Nevada. We landed at hour later than scheduled. By the time we got through customs and baggage claim, picked up the van from Park and Fly and drove home, it was 3:15am...6:15 am for us. Needless to say, we were exhausted.

We hit our pillows at 3:45.

Believe me when I say that 8:00 am came EARLY this morning. BUT, I was logged on to my PC and working at 8:15 am. GO ME!

It's now 11:00 pm. I am wiped. I will post photos soon...hopefully tomorrow.

Love and BROKE hugs (we left ALL our money in Vegas),
Me xo Pin It


Limey Girl said...

Welcome home sweetie.
Apart from a few disappointments it sounds as though you & Joe had a blast.
The Bodies exhibit, I can attest to being amazing too. Saw it when it was at the Science Centre a few years ago. Once you get over the squemishness, it is fascinating!
Can't wait to see more pics.

Christine said...

You sure can pack a lot of fun into 3 days!
Now that Criss is out of the way, it leaves you more time for Bill and Rob.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Scraps by Jessica's "Veronica" kit.