Sunday, 1 March 2009

Is it over?

Threepeat woke up this morning with a dry diaper. BONE DRY. Of course, panic began to set in again as Hubster and I pondered what to do. Take him back to the hospital for more IV and another stressful day of hurry up and wait, or try to rehydrate him here? We decided that if he doesn’t vomit or have diarreah, we will stay here and do our best.

It’s 1:27 pm and he has had two wet diapers today. That’s terrific. Knock on wood, he has turned the corner. He had a couple of ounces of Enfagrow at 6:00 am, ate rice krispies with a little bit of milk for breakfast at around 7:30, had two mini pitas and a slice of bread for lunch and has eaten ice chips and popsicles and some Gatorade...not alot, but hopefully, enough. So far, no vomiting and no diarreah...fingers crossed.

This has been the most stressful three days of my life. I still have not eaten more than a piece of bread and a bottle of water. I just can’t eat.
Please, please, PLEASE let us be over the hump. PLEASE???

Fingers, toes, eyes, arms, legs and boobs crossed...March 1, 2009
It’s 7:25 pm and Threepeat is sound asleep after a day of no vomitting and no diarreah...KNOCK ON WOOD! He slept for only half an hour this morning and half an hour this afternoon, so by 7:00, he was wiped out. We even ventured out to Downtown Disney for an hour and he ate some of Boy Oneder’s ice cream cone...I was in the car, wiped out trying to nap, so I was not there to reprimand Hubster for such carelessness!

I made him chicken noodle soup for dinner, but when he saw MIL, Hubster and the boys eating penne alla vodka, he was going to have no part of any chicken noodle soup! He begged and begged, “Pasta...pasta...pasta!” until we finally gave in. I took some of Hubster’s penne and washed it off so it was almost that a word?...and he gobbled down about 10 pieces of pasta, bless his heart. He sipped on some water and was a happy camper after his beloved pasta was gone.

I gave him a bath at 6:45 and gave him a bottle and he snuggled with Nanna until he was asleep (in like five minutes). He’s now in bed tucked in and sleeping soundly (KNOCK ON WOOD!)

We have passed 24 hours with no expulsion of bodily fluids and I am praying with every ounce of me that we have turned the corner on this horrible nightmare. I have had my share for now thank you very much.

Tim Hortons Roll Up the Rim:
Day One: Large: Please play again.
Day Two: Large: Win a Coffee - WOOT!
Day Three: Large: Please play again.
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Scraps by Jessica's "Veronica" kit.